- RSS Channel Showcase 6138033
- RSS Channel Showcase 9976920
- RSS Channel Showcase 3024955
- RSS Channel Showcase 2317810
Articles on this Page
- 04/25/12--10:00: _The Shelby Reunion ...
- 05/11/12--14:35: _A Legend Passes – C...
- 09/21/12--13:00: _Snakes, Stallions A...
- 10/01/12--02:20: _Editorial Awesomene...
- 12/06/12--03:00: _Setting Standards: ...
- 08/19/13--15:00: _The Perfect Weekend...
- 08/20/13--15:30: _Vintage (car) Porn:...
- 06/26/14--15:00: _Hayabusa: The Samur...
- 07/16/14--02:00: _A Peek At Ford’s Ne...
- 09/29/14--07:30: _Speed & Freedom In ...
- 11/18/14--04:00: _Mustang Goes Exotic...
- 01/15/15--01:15: _Shelby GT350R: A St...
- 06/30/15--18:00: _An American Dream I...
- 07/06/15--08:00: _Welcome To Automoti...
- 08/04/15--12:00: _The Motorsport Touc...
- 09/21/15--01:00: _Shelby Cobra Dayton...
- 07/20/16--15:00: _Snakes On The Loose...
- 01/01/17--23:45: _Playing With 750 Al...
- 03/01/17--20:30: _GT-F100: The Muscle...
- 09/07/17--18:30: _Running The Numbers...
- 04/25/12--10:00: The Shelby Reunion 2012>>fun In The Sun
- 05/11/12--14:35: A Legend Passes – Carroll Shelby 1923-2012
- 09/21/12--13:00: Snakes, Stallions And Silver Arrows
- 10/01/12--02:20: Editorial Awesomeness: Motor Head Issue 005
- 12/06/12--03:00: Setting Standards: Mooneyes 2012
- 08/19/13--15:00: The Perfect Weekend: Monterey 2013
- 08/20/13--15:30: Vintage (car) Porn: Old Is Good At Laguna Seca
- 06/26/14--15:00: Hayabusa: The Samurai Of NASCAR
- 07/16/14--02:00: A Peek At Ford’s New Ring-Ripper
- 09/29/14--07:30: Speed & Freedom In San Diego
- 11/18/14--04:00: Mustang Goes Exotic: The GT350 Is Back
- 01/15/15--01:15: Shelby GT350R: A Street Legal Racecar
- 06/30/15--18:00: An American Dream In Malaysia
- 07/06/15--08:00: Welcome To Automotive Dreamland
- 08/04/15--12:00: The Motorsport Touch In Malaysia
- 09/21/15--01:00: Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupés. All Of Them.
- 07/20/16--15:00: Snakes On The Loose: Shelby Does The S550
- 01/01/17--23:45: Playing With 750 All-American Ponies
- 03/01/17--20:30: GT-F100: The Muscle Truck That Never Was
- 09/07/17--18:30: Running The Numbers In A GT350
I find it funny that in his recent post on the HKS Premium Day in Japan, Dino Dalle Carbonare mentioned the rainy weather that's been so frequent in his recent Speedhunting ventures. Here in California, my feelings are the opposite. Sometimes there are just too many damn sunny days here.
The automotive world lost an icon when Carroll Shelby passed away yesterday evening at the age of 89 following complications from an illness. We here at Speedhunters have had the chance to work with Shelby and his company on a few different occasions and are extremely saddened to hear of his loss. Whether it was […]
The 2012 Goodwood Revival paid tribute to a number of iconic motor racing institutions during the 2012 running of the vintage festival, with each of the quartet being intrinsically linked with racing history. The phalanx of pre-war Silver Arrows single-seater behemoths flattened fans each time they took to the track; an unbelievable number of GTOs […]
Paper will always remain paper, no matter what. Over the last decade the web has really reinvented the way we get clued up in anything from the latest news, to the thing we all love the most here, cars. We are all now used to seeing awesome content from each corner of the world, presented […]
Time to take a look at a final selection of cars from this year’s Mooneyes Hot Rod & Custom Show, an event that year after year not only continues to get better, but defines how seriously and passionately the Japanese take this scene. I’ve kept the best American rides I came across for this last […]
What is the recipe for the perfect automotive event? First of all you probably want a great setting. How about the beautiful coast of central California? You know, picturesque rolling hills, pristine beaches, golf courses, historic towns and great winding roads. Check. More specifically, I’m talking about Monterey, California and Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. It’s […]
In yesterday’s post I talked a little about the Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion experience and broke down some of the reasons why I consider it one of my favorite events of all time. Today though, I want to talk about some of the automobiles that make the Rolex Historics so damn good. Where to start? […]
Hayabusa. What do you think of when you hear that word? If you are from Japan you might think of the JAXA spacecraft which bears the name, or the Hayabusa bullet train which speeds between Tokyo and Aomori every day. Gearheads though, will probably think of Suzuki’s ridiculously-fast street bike that’s been scaring the crap […]
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vuC0Gk1cpo With cars like the new Camaro Z/28 and Dodge’s ridiculous 707 horsepower Challenger SRT Hellcat , it’s a good time for fans of modern American muscle cars. With the launch of the new Mustang just around the corner, Ford is also planning to dive right back into the fray with hot versions of the new […]
Speedhunters is a global operation and we take great pride in being able to bring coverage from all around the world. But this past weekend I couldn’t help but be proud of the good old USA. That’s because I spent two days in beautiful San Diego, California, capturing the action at the 2014 Coronado Speed […]
From the moment we first learned about the new Mustang, there’s been much speculation about what Ford would bring to the table when it came to the specialty versions of the car. With the debut of the new Shelby GT350 at the Los Angeles Auto Show this week, the wait has come to an end. […]
While a lot of the excitement from Ford’s presence at the North American International Auto Show this week has come from the new Ford GT, not to be overlooked is the latest and the most hardcore addition to the Mustang lineup. Meet the Shelby GT350R. Using the recently unveiled GT350 as its base, the R-model […]
I often heard it said that it’s a bad idea to meet your heroes. If you think about it, it’s quite understandable as the human psyche has a strange habit to over sensationalise things that one may have more than a passing attraction to. Be it an idea or theory, a person, a country we have heard great […]
Working as a Speedhunter is a job with some great perks – chief of which is having the opportunity to experience amazing cars, events and workshops from all over the world. But even for those of us who spend our lives surrounded by cool cars, there are times we can get overwhelmed with excitement. For […]
I was exposed to a vast array of automotive culture during my last visit to Malaysia. Variety is definitely what sets Kuala Lumpur apart on so many levels, and when it comes to cars there is one shop tour I’ve been very keen to share with you guys. We’ve already seen the meticulously-built Shelby GT500 […]
There are few things as impressive as seeing a collection of a particular iconic car in one place. It’s made even more special the more you pare down the models involved and dial up the rarity: a field of 911s is impressive; a group of Hakosukas more so; something like a squad of Miuras might […]
No matter which way you look at it, the Ford Mustang is one of the most iconic vehicles of all time. It’s got a huge fanbase across the world and a heritage that spans back over five decades. It’s an automotive legend by any definition. There are many reasons why people have been drawn to the Mustang […]
The Ford Mustang is arguably the most iconic American car. Since its inception back in the ’60s, it’s been a hot toy for many people; these things are almost everywhere, and it’s hard to go a day in the US without seeing at least one, unless you live in the middle of nowhere. Shelby has been playing […]
When customizers delve into alternate history and attempt to create vehicles that the factories didn’t, the results are usually quite cool. For example, imagine if Shelby and Ford had decided to build a muscle car pickup in the late 1960s… That’s exactly what the GT-F100 ponders. Owned by Kirk Johnson and built by Roseville Rod & Custom outside of Sacramento, […]
Back in the 1960s and 1970s and even leading up into the mid-1990s, an automobile packing more than with 400 horsepower under its hood was something that demanded respect when driven. Muscle cars of these eras were twitchy, power came on like a lightswitch, and you needed to have some sense and ability while driving them. […]